On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Sam <sammyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Scott Stroz <boyz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sam, don't be such a simpleton. I was not hating on 'all female
>> Republicans'. I was hating on Bachmann. No one else...Bachmann.
>
> I wasn't referring to you.

Oops...my bad.

>> Fundy or not, she it a bit too far to the religious right for my
>> liking. Hell, I would bet a lot of Republicans think she is a bit too
>> far to the religious right for their liking.
>>

> I would bet there are many that aren't offended by religious people.

I am not offended by religious people. My wife is a religious person.
Some of my closest friends (including a priest) are religious people.
Some of these people (the ones I have had conversations about Bachmann
with) think she is a religious nut job.

>> She and her husband also believe that being gay is a choice and that
>> they can 'cure' gayness with psychotherapy. Utterly ridiculous.
>
> Now see you just spread a rumor likely started by the DNC to discredit her.
> That's my problem. If she really said that and believed it I would
> understand your concern. But so many are pointing and saying hate her
> because... When I ask why they have to dig up stuff.
> Can't you talk about facts about why  she would not make a good
> president rather than smear tactics?

Did you even read the article I posted? Its discussed there.

Here:

"In 2006, City Pages, a Minneapolis alternative weekly, reported on a
2005 presentation that Dr. Bachmann delivered at the Grace Church in
Eden Prairie titled “The Truth About the Homosexual Agenda,” during
which he introduced three people as “former homosexuals” as proof that
sexual orientation is a choice. That same article also reported that
Bachmann & Associates, the Christian counseling center he runs,
practiced “reparative therapy,” a method of converting homosexuals to
heterosexuality"

That is not smear tactics, that is pointing out what he has said - and
since they claim to be 100% aligned, its safe to assume she feels the
same way.

--
Scott Stroz

http://xkcd.c