>Last time I checked, Kindle does not support epub.  That would be a deal
>breaker for me.

I found Kindle really poor for PDFs as well, even if you don't mind monochrome.
The experience on my iPad is so much better. And I now have a number of
magazines as well I subscribe to and reading them in full color on an iPad with
the touch screen is superb. Some magazine formats (including the one used by
the dog agility publisher Clean Run) have dedicated ipad apps that give you
even better experiences that straight PDF format. I use GoodReader for managing
remote files on Dropbox, etc. and it includes a superb PDF annotator. You've
got EverNote, ReadLater, I use Maven as my browser and love its little scroll
button for my favorite web sites, and of course got to have an excellent RSS
reader as well (versus paying for feeds on a Kindle). Many iPad apps now
interface with Readability to give you a much easier to read version of
webpages with the click of a button (Maven for instance will do this). I have a
variety of other apps (Civil War Daily for instance) that I sit down and try to
read every day or so. For someone that likes reading lots of different things,
it's really hard to beat.

The biggest thing the Kindle has going for it is price. I personally can't see
buying a Kindle DX over a tablet...unless you expect to be doing most of your
reading outside where sunlight becomes an issue. Then the Kindle has it all
OVER the iPad.

--- Mary Jo