Makes sense, any decent researcher will do that. Recently I heard of
one major chemistry paper that was based on what a fifth grade kid
came up with. She ended up getting credit as an author of the study.

Als its not the first time in history that it has happened. Spectrum
jumping, which wireless is dependant on, was conceived of by Heddy
LaMar, the 1940's actress.