"On of the issues I have with the modem electorate is that they, in large part,
do not have the education, temperament, or civic and patriotic spirit that
I think is required to maintain the republic."

Exactly.  Though some people just can't see it.

A good example of the electorate can be seen here:

I never thought this day would happen. . . . I won’t have to work on
putting gas in my car. I won’t have to work at paying my mortgage. You
know. If I help him, he’s gonna help me. - Peggy Joseph

Anyway, I am all for changing the system.  I believe that the House should
vote for President.  I believe that districts should be able to hold
recall referendums at any time in order to keep house members in check.  I
believe Senators should be appointed by the state via the governor or
the legislature or a combination of both.  And of course, I believe in term
limits, no straight ticket voting, and no listing of party on the ballot.

-

There were the wicked resolutions taken by those who, particularly under
the pressure of misfortune, wished to escape from their usual poverty and
coveted the property of their neighbours; - Thucydide