From: Dana [mailto:dana.tier...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:07 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Good news from NY today - NDAA

I think you're both right. Except for the extra-constitutional part maybe,
depending on what Tim is talking about, but he doesn't feel like arguing
right now and neither do I.

I haven't looked at the link to truth check it, gotta go right now.

But, um... Gitmo -- wasn't that a Congress problem? Some bogus thing about
these being the worst of the worst and there's no American jail secure
enough to hold them so we refuse to fund moving the detainees. Or something
like that. Maybe it was that national security was going to be compromised
if they testified they were waterboarded. Who knows. Maybe all of the above.
Obama can't do *everything* by fiat you know, very little actually, and
Jerry already claims he's a fascist.

The stimulus was pure Keynes and would have worked if it had been funded.
IMHO. We don't have to argue about this.