From: Dana [mailto:dana.tier...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:45 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Good news from NY today - NDAA

He signed the Lily Ledbetter Act on his first day in office as I recall.

open.gov was a start. Like a number of his other issues, not enough. I count
health care reform as positive, personally. Though not enough and not done
properly. Sotomayor (sp?) was a good appointment. The stimulus was a good
idea until it was compromised out of existence. He did save Detroit, though
I have to say I was against that at the time. I dislike military
intervention but Libya was probably a good idea. State Department
internet-in-a-suitcase thing was good. Student loan interest was good.

The theme here though is that he has tried to compromise with people who
were determined to undermine him.

Negatives:

Guantanamo
Use of drones
Wasted lots of money on Wall Street bailouts.
SOPA/PIPA

Shrug. I put this next to Romney, who is a total tool as far as I can
tell.....

Republicans have wagged the dog on one bogus issue after another. Why do we
have to argue that voting rights are a good idea all over again? Why is it a
good idea to mandate vaginal probes? Why do people think it's bad that
Planned Parenthood saved my freaking life and maybe it cost the feds forty
cents or so? (I'd have to go look up how much of their primary care costs
get a federal subsidy? It wasn't much because I did pay about fifty bucks
for the visit but nobody else wanted to deal with it and you know what, if
I don't get the prescription I do get blood clots and those will absolutely
kill you about mmm twenty to thirty percent of the time...the exact number
is discussable. Point is, Romney is not only a tool, he's a tool who parrots
a platform that endangers my dignity, my health and my life.