Exactly. Or how about my original situation. I was a grad student when
I developed Type i diabetes. It was something that doesn't run in my
family nor was my lifestyle one that created the condition. So how the
hell was I to plan for that?

That's the thing that ticks me off about libertarianism. it is so
blaming (one of the 12 basic irrational ideas) of people. Especially
when its not th e person's fault.