From: Jerry Barnes [mailto:critic...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:07 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: this is really sick

"I didn't say it was acceptable, I said it was rare."

It's not that rare at all.  We were just examining one type of fraud.  The
most common is absentee ballot abuse.

"Rare enough that implementing a voter ID system would cause more loss of
rights that the voter fraud does."

In a democratic republic, the vote should be protected at all cost.  There
is no reason that a voter id requirements have to hinder the rights of
anyone.  After GA implemented its voter id law, it saw its largest turnout
of minorities ever.

I do believe there will be pathetic numbers this year.  It won't have
anything to with ID though.  It has more to do with pathetic candidates.

"And I see no evidence that the those on left are any more accepting of true
fraud than those on the right.  "

Have you looked?

What evidence would you be  looking for?

"That's just your bias showing."

It sure is.  My bias against election fraud.

-

In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a
comfortable life, and they lost it all - security, comfort, and freedom.
When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to
give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from
responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again -
Edward Gibbon