By the age of 14, al-Zawahiri had joined the Muslim
Brotherhood<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood>.
The following year the Egyptian
government<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_government>executed
Qutb for
conspiracy <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_%28political%29>, and
al-Zawahiri, along with four other secondary school students, helped form
an "underground cell devoted to overthrowing the government and
establishing an Islamist state." It was at this early age that al-Zawahiri
developed a mission in life, "to put Qutb's vision into
action."[19]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri#cite_note-18>His
cell eventually merged with others to form al-Jihad or Egyptian
Islamic
Jihad.[20]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri#cite_note-wrightp42-19>Al-Zawahiri
graduated from Cairo
University <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_University> in 1974 with *gayyid
giddan <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Egypt>*. Following
that he served three years as a surgeon in the Egyptian Army after which he
established a clinic near his
parents.[20]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri#cite_note-wrightp42-19>In
1978, he also earned a master's degree in surgery.
[21] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri#cite_note-20>

Islamic Jihad is the Muslim Brotherhood.  Comes directly from it.