So its ok to torture prisoners. So what's to stop the enemies from using
the same methods on our people? Why must we stoop to their level.

Bluntly put you're wrong about this Tim deeply wrong. By condoning torture
you're making yourself like the Taliban or AQ. There is a reason for these
rules against torture. It not only brutalizes the victim, it does the same
not only to the people doing the torture but those in the same company. The
men doing the torture are not longer disciplined soldiers but undisciplined
brutal thugs who deserve not to be considered soldiers. Every time we've
engaged in torture we've ended up losing the conflict in the long term
- Philippines, Vietnam, Somalia, Afghanistan.