why do you assume that this is a matter of personal responsibility or
lack thereof on anyone's part? He lived a very isolated life combined
with moderate to severe Aspergers. This is not a case of his parent
had not divorced or he had not been disciplined enough or spanked
enough etc. It seems to me what you're doing there is mapping your own
anxieties and fears onto the event.

The fact is we do not know and will probably never know the causes of
this tragedy. Any chance of that ended with Lanza.