Likely so.  But it not the norm because the women who want to serve are
demanding it.  As you stated, of the two you work with, only one made a
fuss, and she likely had no business being there.

If you are going to complain about political correctness, complain about
the ones who are demanding it, and don't lay the blame on all women for the
actions of a few.