You left off hospitals and schools...

-----Original Message-----
From: LRS Scout [mailto:lrssc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:49 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Slaughter of civilians by Israel...

We never had any fire support larger than company mortars allowed to fire,
except aviation like twice.

I know during my deployment we had a few mistakes.  For us mainly caused by
the mistrust of the Afghan army and national police.  People trying to run a
tcp, because the locals are as likely to rape, rob and murder them as to
search and protect.

In this situation, with indirect fires, I think counter battery operations
are 100% the right answer from the perspective of doctrine tactically,
although some what against some of the objectives strategically and
operationally.

Doubly so when you consider how small a pool of candidate's that the
Israelis have to draw from.  Preserve the force structure, destroy the
enemies communication, command and control and logistics.  Alienate the
local population.