> Suppose some American teenager comes to the Netherlands at the age of
> 17. Meets somebody over 18, they have sex. That would be punishable
> under US Federal Law if I understand it correctly, so this somebody
> would have to be arrested as soon as he/she enters the US. Yet we
> explicitly chose to allow this in the Netherlands, for our own reasons.
> Or an American citizen came here to work as prostitute (s)he would be
> arrested when visiting relatives for Christmas. But prostitution is also
> legal here, for reasons of our choosing.
>
> We choose which rules there are on our territory and if those rules
> allow things to be done to or by US citizens that would not be allowed
> in the US maybe the US should forbid its citizens to travel here, but it
> should not impose its law on our territory.

We wouldn't be imposing OUR laws on YOUR territory, we would be imposing OUR
laws on OUR citizen.  By being a citizen of the U.S., a person promises to
abide by the laws of this country.  It doesn't matter where that person
commits a crime.  They are knowingly breaking a law that they promised to
abide by.  I fail to see how you think that this affects you or your
territory in any way or how you think it even has anything to do with you.

I'm still confused by your line of reasoning.

Todd