> So suppose that requires a certain action of US citizens, regardless of
> where they are, if they are in certain situation. And that action may
> conflict with a requirement imposed by a local law. What then?
>
> In the case of Lindh that would be an Afghan law requiring people to
> resist invaders or be shot.

OK .. we've reached a point where we are just going to go in circles.  So
what you are basicly arguing is that if he was from the Netherlands, then it
should be OK for him to go to another country and potentialy kill other
citizens from the Netherlands and should not be tried if he somehow found
his way in to custody?

Todd