Found a site that lists the age of consent for varous countries and proveds
some other details conserning this particular facet of the discussion (since
sex with a minor seems to be one of the prevailing crimes in the discussion)

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

It's interesting to note that there are some states where the ages are as
low as 13 for homosexual intercourse but 16 for heterosexual.

Oh, and to make you feel better, Jochiem, take a look at
http://www.ageofconsent.com/netherlands.htm.

There is also a page about "Travelling internationally" and explains the US
federal laws on the topic... http://www.ageofconsent.com/uscitizens.htm

Bottom line:
"Nothing in this law, I repeat, NOTHING keeps you from having consensual sex
with someone under 18, as long as it's not against the local laws, under the
age of consent where you are, and you're not paying the person (or being
paid yourself) if the person is under the age of 16. I want to be clear on
this, if you are in a country where the age of consent is 14, then you can
have consensual sex with that person, you just can't pay to have sex with a
14 year old while you're there."

Hatton