In Canada they have it, it's called the GST goods and services tax, but they
still have an "income" tax.

Some funny things about tax law in the US.  When you look at what the word
income meant at the time that the constitutional amendment was ratified
allowing it, income was commonly taken as meaning capitol gain (income
derived from investment) while wages were the money you made from work.
Also there are may documents and papers that say that the amendment wasn't
actually ratified.

Personally I would probably support a sales tax, but I would prefer to see
the government be self sustaining.

Tim Heald
ACP/CCFD :)

Application Development
http://www.schoollink.net

Fusebox Advisory Committee Member
http://www.fusebox.org

Manager Fayetteville ColdFusion User Group
http://www.fcfug.org