Well, the original Jews closely resembled my brother, his children and my
own son. Olive skinned, dark hair, etc. This is the basic Semitic, middle
eastern phenotype. As we accept converts, it is possible for anyone to
become a Jew no matter what their skin tone. Personally, I'm one of that
large group of pale skinned, red headed Jews that exist.
One interesting thing to note is that even these paler skinned Jews have the
genetic markers that can be traced back thousands of years to what is
thought of as the Jewish priesthood.

> This is what I never understood.  I thought that the "original" Jews
closely
> resembled Arabs more than they do Caucasians.  But how come there are
> Caucasian Jews?  Did they pick up the religion in Europe?
Well, there are converts, rapes of Jewish women by europeans and others
during the middle ages and genetic drift.

> Are you a Jew if you practice Judaism?  Or are you a Jew if you're
> genetically a Jew?
If you practice Judaism (i.e. the religion, not something else that you want
to call Judaism) then you are a Jew. If you are the child of a Jewish
mother, even if you do not practice then you are also a Jew.

> Or Both?
>
> I remember back in high school.  This Caucasian chick, blue eyes and
blonde,
> said she was Jewish.  And I was like no way you're European. heh.  Mike?
> Judith?  Educate me!
What about black europeans?