But Beth, if you convert to the Jewish religion, you automatically become part of the
Jewish race. You get the national/cultural as well as the religious aspects of it.
That's the whole meaning of Mikvah (immersion in the ritual bath) -- it's as if you've
become a new person, and have connected to Judaism, religion, culture and all.

Judith