Dana Tierney wrote:
>so... in your opinion mySQL would not be an improvement over Access
>say?

Unless there are reasons why Access simply won't work (like you are running Linux).

>1. A patient registry which while be almost entirely character data and
>booleans. Some counters. Will be very low-traffic. I am using mySQL for
>this.

You should be able to run that on Access without a problem.

>2. A patient system which should be scaleable and capable of being
>modified
>for fairly high security. Again, will handle primarily booleans and
>character data, but must be able to accomodate medium to high traffic.

How do you define high traffic? How many queries per second, and what is the
insert/update/delete/select ratio? How complicated are the queries? Just retrieval
based on the primary key, or complicated multi-table joins with functional predicates?

Jochem

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481