I looked this back up to see what the exact issues where that Jochem had
with mysql again. I can live with the trailing space issue. I dont care
about null becoming zero. I am a little concerned about truncation... this
could matter a lot. What exactly is the limit of simultaneous transactions
with Access? That could also matter a lot. To give you a better idea, it is
supposed to be a patient management system for a single doctor. But I would
want to design it is such a way that if the doctor oh, merges his practice
with several other doctors and becomes a very busy clinic, then we don't
have to throw the whole thing out and start over, or massage the data to
import it into something else.

Thanks for anyone who gives some thought to this for me.

Dana