Doug White wrote:
>MySQL will handle that just fine.

It can even handle much more.

My issues with MySQL have nothing to do with performance, but with the fact that they
implemented fundamental functionality in a way that I can only describe as "broken by
design".

> Access does have a limit on simultaneous connections, right?

Officially 255 (which is more then the default for most databases), but I wouldn't
count on being able to use more then a few at the same time.

But you shouldn't need more then a few connections anyway, if you don't have absurd
queries you can easily run a few dozen queries per second over 1 connection. I
recently benchmarked a PostgreSQL database on an Athlon 1.6 GHz for client variables
storage. On a table containing 6 million rows, I could run more than 300 PK lookups
per second over one single connection.

Jochem

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com