Bill. Let me see if I can explain this so you can understand. The military
service makes you eligible. You still have to apply, and certify that you
are not a member of the Nazi party, and a few other things. You have to
disclose any criminal history and you have to affirm that you have never
advocated the overthrow of the US government. And so on for about eight
pages. You then take the application down to the INS office with all the
requisite photographs and --- pay attention now -- the application fee of
$250. The fee is not waived for military or any other applicants that I
have ever heard.

I personally have been eligible for several years, based on time I have
already lived here. I did not file the paperwork sooner because I did not
see the importance of voting. This last election has shown me the error of
my ways. I will be filing the application. If I enlisted it would have zero
effect on my eligibility. I am eligible already.

Let me know if I need to use even smaller words.

Dana

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm