When I was a kid, I played a game called "Space Station" (back when games
could call themselves such boring names and still get bought).  Basically,
you design a space station and a team to go on it, pick experiments, etc.
Very intellectual, but my other choice was ALF, so guess what I spent my
time with...

Anyhow, it's unfortunate that most "thinking" games don't sell unless
they're of the Civ formula.  I have no problem with Civ, AC, MoO, etc., but
would like to see more variety.  Maybe we should set up our own games
company.  Heh -- we could write text-based adventures running off BD on the
player's box.  :-)  Riiiight.  Like that would sell.

--  Ben Doom
    Programmer & General Lackey
    Moonbow Software, Inc