From: Erika L Walker-Arnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:59 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Having kids (was RE: Exploring Frugality)

Yes, I know quite well what I am missing.
I raised my sister.
I have had enough diapers in my life helping out other friends and
babysitting.
I have dealt with screamin obnoxious cousins and other people's
children.

NONE of that, absolutely NONE  of that holds any appeal to Phil or me.
And the standard "but they were'nt your own flesh and blood" stance
doesn't hold any water. Like I said, I helped raise my sister. Did the
flesh and blood thing.

This is an area where y'all are going to have to let some people have
their own views on the subject and not subject them to ridicule or roll
your eyes or say "you don't know what you are missing" ... because when
someone has a very strong feeling about how they should live, and
they've done their homework and searched their soul for reasons why ....
it means a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT to them, and it's OUR personal choice.
Discussed to death.

I wholeheatedly agree with Dan ... Phil and I want to spend our hard
earned money on our selves. I don't care about grandchildren or leaving
a bit of myself on this earth after I die. I'll be dead. Who cares. Our
money can go to charity.

Cheers,
Erika