Thank you for the support guys, Deanna! :D Means a lot.

I totally respect other people's wishes and wants to have children, and
I admire them for it because it's a huge commitment. A HUGE
responsibility, and one I just can't be a part of.

Seriously, some of my hostility towards a comment like "you don't know
what you are missing" ... comes from hearing it a gazillion times.

Why is it other people seem to know what you should do with your life?
Why is it that people have to jump on the wagon and try and convince you
that you are wrong? Why do people not realize that what works for them
might not work for others?

Yeah yeah yeah, don't preach to me because everyone is human and it's an
instinctive reaction to spread the wealth and joy they feel. Bah humbug.

We love our pets and we are enjoying them to the hilt. We get a
tremendous amount of joy from having them around. I don't know what we
would do without them. But I'm not busting on everyone I know who
doesn't have pets and saying "You don't know what you're missing" ....

Happy Holidays! :D

Cheers,
Erika