Interesting gameplay has NEVER been about the graphics and processor
power, it's about the GAMEPLAY!

Remember Tetris? One of the most addictive games EVER, and it was
incredibly simple

Developers need to concentrate on the gameplay itself to make the games
FUN, not pretty and flashy, that's a secondary concern

> Is it just me, or are they the ones out of touch if they
> think that higher production values and advances in graphics
> and processor power won't translate to more interesting gameplay?
>
> HYPERLINK "HYPERLINK
> "http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1527042,00.asphttp://www.1
up.com/ar"
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1527042,00.asp"http://www.1up.com/ar

ticle2/0,4364,1527042,00.asp

"Yamauchi explained that the games business has matured in ways he
hadn't expected, and that it's reached a critical point. Users aren't
interested in "heavy, thick, long, big" games, burdened with flashy
graphics, heavily-orchestrated sound, and complex stories. Hardware
manufacturers building the latest chip technology to power those kinds
of titles don't understand games, he said, and neither do their
developers, even if they do have the money to keep producing them.
Simply creating more advanced technlogy and adding more features to
hardware doesn't translate to fun games, Yamauchi said. Nintendo's next
console, which the company aims to debut at E3 in 2005, is focused on
new kinds of gameplay, which the DS will prefigure."

Have to wait and see this 'revolutionary' gameplay. If they think that
Crystal Chronicles was revolutionary because it required 600US worth of
hardware to be enjoyed by 4 people, they got another think coming ;-)

-Gel