> you know what games I love? (not that anyone cares :P)
> keeping in mind I'm highly artistic and love pretty things
> and great graphics ...
>
> Tetris - original
> Astroids
> Pong
> Donkey Kong - Original
> Galaga - Original
> Mrs. PacMan - Original
>
> that's just to name a few. All very highly addictive in my opinion ...
> but nothing fantastic on the graphics front.

And you know what - this is a sad commentary on todays games. Not that
todays games suck - I love a lot of them. But I still find myself playing
Galaga (and I'm pretty darn good at it, can average over 100k per game) and
other old games because they are so damn simple.

Of course - maybe this is selected memory. Maybe these games were the
exception and they are still fun because they are truly great games, and
great games don't stop being fun...

But if they are the exception, I can't think of many "modern" games that I
still play as much.

-rc