I spoke to someone about a year back about gaming, and they said that
they wouldn't touch any game that didn't have a certain "look" - he
didn't care about the gameplay, only the look of the game

I showed him "Bouncer" - a game with less than an hour of gameplay but
about 4 hours of FMV - he LOVED it...

I think too many people have become "visual bitches" and don't care
about the gameplay itself - you could give them some beautiful visuals
and all you have to do it hit a button once a minute and they'd lap it
up

For me, a game has to be really playable - it's looks are definitely
secondary - we played a ton of GBA games while we had guests and Advance
Wars 2 isn't the prettiest of games, but it has us rivited - the visuals
could have been done on a SNES 10 years ago!

Oh, and as for Tetris being graphically acceptable? It's sliding flat
blocks - there's nothing special about it - the original hand-held
version was on the black and white GameBoy!