He's half-right.  My favorite game right now is "Viewtiful Joe" - which
would be well-nigh impossible on the N-64, but uses the resource of the
GC to the hilt, and all geared towards ridiculously engaging gameplay.
Crystal Chronicles might be a dud, but at least it's trying something new.

Nintendo's obviously very big on small-group gaming - which I support.
I enjoy playing online, but I'm far more interested in playing with some
friends on the same TV (well, I'm actually more interested in playing a
board game or card game, but still...)  Sony abjectly refuses to offer
more than two control ports on their consoles (barring an extra
multitap), and MS looks to be sold on XBox live above all else.

I'm very interested in Square's future now.  They've taken a lot of flak
for some of the last few Final Fantasy games being lots of flash, but
low content (though FF 9 was masterful, IMO).  Aquiring Enix bolstered
their RPG base, and I'm very curious about what will come of it,
especially in terms of that hardcore role-playing fan base they'll have
to cater to.

- Jim