Erika

From: C. Hatton Humphrey

I'm a little late coming in on this thread, however there is one big
piece
of advice I can give you - if you make 1 extra payment per year on a 30
year
note you will take 7 years off the mortgage life.  This is because as
you
make your payments you are paying mostly on interest and then a little
on
the principal.  The faster you pay down that interest the faster your
payments start going towards the actual house.