No, as a specific example, the young Palestinian woman said she hates America, its an awful place, and couldn't wait to leave for good.

Her husband, on the other hand, was all for America and all it stands for.

I can understand missing culture, missing the homeland, but I don;t agree with coming over with every intention of leaving when they've made some money. They don't deserve to be here (as there are people who want to come here and STAY who couldn't come because the spot was filled by a short timer.)

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/31/04 02:22PM >>>
hmm seems like you are far ahead of me. the last time i saw it (last night), the dad forgot his keys at home, and later were watching videos of his family, and also going to INS (i think it was INS) to try to bring his family over.  And they were right about that beef factory.  I dont think u'd find regular (yes i'm generalizing here) americans wanting to work in a place like that with those conditions.

Yes, it was heartwarming.  My english vocab is getting worse I am trying to learn a 3rd language hahaha.

I understand your anger about people saying that it's not their country.  But I understand how they are feeling, because this isn't really their home you know.  Not where they grew up.  And yes, this country is generous to them, and the most we can ask for is that they are good hard working decent people.  But patriotism/nationalism, I am not sure.

I've been in Texas almost all my life.  if I had to leave to California to find a new job, i could never say California is my home state.  My heart will always be right here in Texas.

When they said "I can't wait to leave", i dont think they mean it as to say "i hate this place I am ungrateful".  I think they really mean "I cannot wait to go home and see my family and be home once again".  And i see nothing wrong with that.