It was probably me.

But I want to be clear, I wasn't trying to single out the Palestinian woman on the show, she just happened to be the example that popped into mind, since her words were so clear.

The show on PBS, The New Americans, highlighted a diverse set of folks with diverse backgrounds, personalities, and reasons for being in the US.

>From this show and the examples they highlighted, I raised a point that was meant to be generic. If immigrants and guest workers don't want to be here in the US, don't like it, and are going to leave as soon as they make a buck, we should let them go home early. If there is an applicant that wants to embrace the US and put down roots, they should get preference over a similar candidate who wants to get rich and go home.

That was my only point.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/06/04 09:12AM >>>
>> I was only refuting the point that John (I think) made regarding the
Palestinians
>>in this country only being here for the money and not caring about the
>>country

If this is referring to me, I dont believe I ever said that.