As an immigrant to the US I can sympathize with both points of view.
Remember immigrating to another country is a big step, you are leaving all
that is familiar. All of your automatic thoughts, habits and assumptions
have to be changed. There will be times when you'll be hit with severe
homesickness, and every once in a while some automatic assumption that
people in your adopted country will rise up and slap you hard in the face.
After over 15 years that still happens with me.

That said, the reasons and assumptions that people may have, to make a buck
or whatever are theirs. Also there may be good reasons for a person to
prefer to keep one foot in both, it may be family, or whatever. Until you
know those reasons its inappropriate to judge.

Just my inane ramblings.

larry