For the same reason I don't expect all of the goods I buy in Chinatown to have more than half the labeling in English. Or the Kosher food labeling in English. Or the French Cheese in English, or the computer chair box in English.

As part of a global economy, we here in America have the ability to buy the best products from around the world. I would hate to think I would be deprived of these goods because someone made it illegal to sell them if they didn't have more than half the label in English. Where the h*ll would I get good nori? or mirin? or paper globes? or morticing chisels? or Passover Coke with Sucrose?

I shudder at the thought.

It seems like these folk are practicing exactly the kind of discrimination you say they are fighting against. That is the very definition of hypocritically, don't you think?

On the other hand, if no one wants to buy the goods that don't have French labels, I am all for that sort of marketplace decision.

I just don't think it should be institutionalized.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/01/04 03:10PM >>>
you don't think it is understandable that a group of French speakers would say that your marketing materials must be in French if you want to sell here? Whyever not?

Dana