At 12:39 PM 4/13/2000 -0000, you wrote:
>I certainly consider myself a senior ColdFusion programmer, having used it
>since version 1.0 beta.  However, I NEVER use the query builder, primarily
>because I have found it be kludgy.  I generally white-board my database
>design and queries.  Sometimes I use Access to mock-up a query before
>inserting it into my code.  I have never selected a candidate for a CF
>programming job based on the answer to "do you use the query builder in
>studio?", because in my opinion, it simply isn't relevant.
>
>DC

Maybe so, but my comment wasn't about them using it, it was that they
didn't even know it existed.

Also, I'm paying these people a nice little chunk of money, and it is more
than a little irritating to watch them spend 30 minutes hand typing all the
field name for  a long query that they could create in the builder in 30
seconds.

JMHO.

Judith C