> What amazes me is the number of people who consider
> themselves senior cold fusion programmers, and have never
> used the query builder, or even know about it. Apparently
> the little build button in the query tag edit has completely
> escaped their attention.

They're the ones most likely never to have used it! I wrote CF code for
years before Studio existed, using "Visual Notepad". Knowing a language
isn't the same as knowing the features of an IDE. In any case, I don't use
the query builder even now that I know about it - if you're using stored
procedures, or really anything beyond a basic SELECT query, it's not all
that helpful. I suppose I could figure out how to do subqueries in the query
builder, or how to use aggregate functions, but it's easier for me just to
type it out.

> I cannot imagine trying to code Cold Fusion apps using anything
> but CF Studio. Kinda like trying to build a house without a hammer or
nails.

There are, of course, quite a few useful features in Studio, but to me, the
beauty of CF programming is that it's so simple, you don't really need an
IDE.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496