From: Stover, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 11:44 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: source control

I'm looking for some best practices for using source control for CF
development.  We will probably be using MS SourceSafe, with a combination of
Dreamweaver MX and CF Studio 5.0, and CF Server MX (not that it matters).

Specifically, I am curious to know how the administration has been setup, as
I have seen numerous notes dedicated to the 'nightmares' associated with CF
and source control.  Do you setup 2 network shares and use 1 for the
"checked-out" working location?  Or does every developer run a local copy of
the free CF Server, and then check-out and edit locally, which would allow
the check-in to go back to the central dev server?  How is project
management handled -- as far as delivering a "version" of the site/code?

Any info, URLs, suggestions, or comments are appreciated.

Thank you,

John M Stover II
[EMAIL PROTECTED]