Thank you for your advice. Right here its just gone 4am Saturday.  I
started updating my server at 9pm Friday.  All previous installations of
CF have been a 10 minute job.  This time it's been hours.

There is no one at Macromedia to ask at 4am on Saturdays.

My servers are broken and I have a deadline that is now looking pretty
dubious and I want to get to bed sometime before dawn.  All I was doing
was following the instructions in the docs that so many people have
referred me to.

I am sorry I yelled, but I am  not such an amateur that I would load
totally new software on a production server.

Thanks for your suggestion that I put a logical gameplan together.  I
started asking the question on this list when I realized that I had
exhausted all the options in knew about.  I thought perhaps some of you
who had been through this before might help me.  All anyone seems to
want to do is either criticize me or tell me to RTFM.  I'VE READ THE
(*&*&^ MANUAL!  IT DOESN'T HELP!  The manual got me into this damn mess
because it told me I could have both servers on the one system.

So what exactly would your logical game plan be?

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks.