>Thanks for your help, James, all went well following your procedure till
>I got to step 8.  I double clicked the connector.bat file, and got the
>following error message:
>
>[quote]
>File C:\CFusionMX\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrunwin32.dll newer than JAR file
>C:\CFusionMX\runtime\lib\wsconfig.jar so not extracted\
>[/quote]

Just to update folks on Mike's problem - the above message wasn't an actual
error, it was just wsconfig checking to see if it had extracted
jrunwin32.dll already to the wsconfig directory. Since he had run the
connector before, the file was already there - so there was no need to
extract the file again. This is normal behavior and *did not* mean that the
.dll file was the wrong one / out-of-date.

The next issue we discovered was dual mappings in IIS. The CF5 mappings were
not removed during the uninstall - this was definitely causing a couple
headaches :)

Once we pulled those out, we again tried running wsconfig.exe. When
attempting to add a new webserver, the GUI did not display a JRun instance
to select in the JRun Server drop down box. Upon inspecting the wsconfig.log
file, we found that wsconfig could not find an instance of Jrun listening on
localhost. This kind of stumped me as CFMX was running and jrun.exe /
jrunsvc.exe were both found in the current processes list.

Not wanting to spend too much time trying to figure out why JRun couldn't be
found, I recommended he just yank CFMX out again and start fresh now that we
had cleaned things up a bit.

Hopefully things go well this time for him!

Cheers,
chris