> But when we take an application out of the traditional browser, which
> the general consumer has _slowly_ grown comfortable with, we lose a lot
> of the structure and barriers. A very small aspect would be the multiple
> colors of active and visited links. From bookmarking and copying
> shortcuts to form controls; the general user has become familiar with
> these devices.
>
> When creating these applications is a flash-only environment, you are
> taking all familiarity away from the user.

That's actually the main problem I am facing as an user with the new MM
website...
I can't open links in new windows (my main "multitasking browsing" trick), I
can't scroll using the mouse's wheel, I can't copy shortcuts to links and I
am missing the link's info in my status bar too.

Now, there are cases where loosing all those familiar features may be worth
but, for most of the website, the trade-off doesn't look as a good deal.

Please note I am speaking as a user right now, not a developer

Massimo Foti
Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
http://www.macromedia.com/go/team