You don't (AFAIK)

Jaye

-----Original Message-----
From: Bud [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 3:51 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: The New Macromedia Website

CFMX and sessions.

Hi all. Every time I think I've turned the corner with MX, it bites
me in the rear.

OK Batman. Riddle me this:

How in the world do you keep a session alive in CFMX when...

A) Cookies are disabled

and

B) You move from one domain to the other

???

I have 3 situations with my shopping cart.

1) When a person has cookies disabled I add cfid and cftoken to the
URL. This has worked fine to keep the session alive since 4.01.

2) When a person clicks checkout, I change the URL to the secure URL
and add cfid and cftoken to the URL. Since it goes to a page under
the same cfapplication tag with the same application name, the
session stays alive, since 4.01.

However, neither of these work in CFMX. HOW do I keep a session alive
under these 2 conditions. It shouldn't be brain surgery. One thing I
HAVE noticed is that sometimes there is a JSESSIONID cookie set. So I
passed that value in the query string also, but to no avail.

3) Occasionally, on a redirect, I get that nasty, UGLY JSESSIONID URL
parameter. I say UGLY, because it doesn't create a query string. It
makes it like...

www.domain.com/page.cfm;JSESSIONID=987908979808758

WHAT is that and HOW can I make it stay away?

Thanks!
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
http://www.cf-ezcart.com/
954.721.3452