> That puts the developer of the Flash application in
> control, not me.
>
> And in my browser I can shift-click to open in a new
> window and control-click to open in a new tab.

I don't think that's really a fair comparison. In an application interface,
the application developer should be in control. The developer should be able
to guide and constrain the user of the application. We take this for granted
with non-HTML applications. Why should we expect web applications to behave
like documents? Why should we limit web applications to what documents can
present?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496