On Friday, Jun 20, 2003, at 19:00 US/Pacific, Dave Watts wrote:
>> That puts the developer of the Flash application in
>> control, not me.
>>
>> And in my browser I can shift-click to open in a new
>> window and control-click to open in a new tab.

But that's the browser developer being in control - the behavior you
describe is specific to the browser you use. In my browser:
        apple-click - open in new tab behind current tab
        shift-apple-click - open in new tab (in front)
        alt-apple-click - open in new window behind current window
        shift-alt-apple-click - open in new window (in front)

> I don't think that's really a fair comparison. In an application
> interface,
> the application developer should be in control.

Yes - which is why each browser behaves differently.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481