Dave, clearly we disagree on a fundamental level on many topics.  I don't know you,
but I can tell you are an intelligent person (maybe minus the sarcasm), so clearly you
must have reasons for not liking Fusebox.  All I can do is disagree.  I tried to do it
before, but now I'll make it more decisive: I'm bowing out of this discussion.  I
really don't like getting into exchanges like this, and it could go on for days, and I
feel that the point (to get folks to examine Fusebox as an approach with many
benefits) has been made.  Honestly, I have better things to do.

I've said my piece.  Fusebox is there and ready for open consideration by anyone who
has the interest in looking at it.  I'll leave it to the individual reader to make
their own comparisons between your "common sense" methodology (with all the detailed
and helpful techniques you provided along with it) and Fusebox.

Regards,

Brian

>To my mind, Fusebox takes something that is very simple - CF, a scripting
>language - and treats it as if it were far more complex. There's a reason
>that programmers using languages like Java and C# to build web applications
>tend to use application frameworks - those languages are comparatively hard,
>and you're much more likely to screw things up if you're not careful,
>generally speaking. If I want complexity, I might as well just use Java.

ColdFusion and related topics.