Hmm, I would beg to differ.  I assumed that the datasource data of a given CFMX installation is stored as an XML file and the CFMX engine and/or the CFMX Admin tool would look for it.  So, if this assumption is correct and the knowledge that CFMX for Windows does not use Window's registry for datasource is valid, then, one would be able to add/edit/remove datasource with this particular XML file (of course verification etc. would also be involved), else, I would find it hard to believe.

Don Li