short of cygwin, you could always just get a win port of grep.  I don't know
how anyone lives without it.

http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/grep.html
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 10:49 AM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: RE: Adding remote datasource dynamically

  > Thomas, you also seem to be an old man :), how could the Unix
  > 'grep' command would be applicable to a normal Window's env?

  I think that he's just saying that on his Unix system, the file that he
  found is "neo-query.xml". If you want to use grep on your Windows machine,
  though, I'd recommend installing Cygwin.

  Rather than editing neo-query.xml directly, though, I'd recommend looking
at
  using the appropriate ServiceFactory interface. Jochem has done a lot of
  good stuff documenting this:

  http://spike.oli.tudelft.nl/jochemd/index.cfm?PageID=12

  Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
  http://www.figleaf.com/