From: S. Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 5:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: fusebox

> Hi,

> I suppose the lack of documentation does tend to put
> people off a bit, but I
> don't fuss too much about buying the books. They are worth
> the small price
> and the guys that bring us Fusebox can't do everything for
> free... people
> have to eat ya know. I seem to remember everyone
> recommending CFWACK as
> "the" resource back in the day. :) The Techspedition books
> are pretty much
> the same caliber of resource for Fusebox.

Incidentaly, I hope my comments aren't seen as a disrespect to the
guys who bring us the Fusebox framework. We all have areas where our
work is either beautiful or in some way incomplete or problematic. I
just feel like the documentation from fusebox.org at this point is a
real weakness and that someone (who is really immaterial) should take
the time to sit down and produce some basic "step 1) this is how to
write an fbx_circuits.cfm" (or take it from another site that has a
free tutorial) that will go in their core files download. I understand
the info is likely available elsewhere for free also, i.e.
techspedition, the forums, etc. but some basic info I think really
needs to be "up-front" and right now that's missing from the core
files. I haven't looked at FB4 yet, so I can't comment on documenation
for the new version.

Of course I always welcome criticism of my own documentation as well
-- if you read through my blog, there've been several cases of my
documentation for the onTap framework needing correction for one
reason or another and I always try to get those cleared up ASAP when I
find them or when someone points them out.

s. isaac dealey                214-823-9345

team macromedia volunteer      http://www.macromedia.com/go/team

chief architect, tapestry cms  http://products.turnkey.to

onTap is open source           http://www.turnkey.to/ontap
  _____