Free as in beer means that something doesn't cost any money.

Free as in speech means that something has personal freedoms associated
with.

Linux is free as in beer and speech. That is, Linux doesn't cost any
money and you have full access to the source code and can change it how
you see fit. Commercial software costs money and has a license
agreement associated with that limits how you can make use of it.

Matt Liotta
R337 Consulting LLC
http://r337.com