> I just recently reworked an application to function
> interchangeably in
> both either Access or MySQL. Booleans trip up MySQL (4.0),
> so any
> Yes/No datatypes in Access should be converted to numeric
> 0/1 to have
> the application work in both.

> I also anticipated i'd have trouble with datetime fields,
> but i didn't
> ... CreateODBCDate(date) worked interchangably.

I'd argue that any yes/no datatypes should be converted to numeric 0/1
_period_ regardless of what db you use... but that's me. :)

CreateODBCDate(time) functions work -- also cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp" seems to work pretty consistently... not
all databases understand cf_sql_date tho -- MS SQL doesn't understand
date -- and the error message it gives is just "feature not
implemented".

The onTap framework has a fair amount of generic, reuseable code in it
that's designed specifically for the purpose of being able to have
applications that will function on multiple databases. For instance -
it's at least supposed to support outer-joins with both SQL-92
standard syntax and oracle syntax (because oracle has not supported
the syntax in the past) without requiring you as a developer to know
which database is being used or to use the required syntax for the
given database. (Although the honest truth is I'm just now installing
an Oracle database to test it with.)

With my forum I've not supported MySQL solely because I use views. I'm
not certain but I think I remember reading that they planned to
support views in a not-too-distant future release.

s. isaac dealey     954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework